A strategic geographical positioning, stable political atmosphere, competitive tax system, and an overall liberal economic system allow businesses to diversify and expand their growth prospects. Côte d’Ivoire’s consumer base is constituted of a median age group of 20.3 years, providing businesses with the opportunity to serve a rather young population.
Reasons to Invest in Côte d’Ivoire
Côte d’Ivoire’s economy excels due to its outstanding agricultural sector.
- Agriculture sector share in GDP: 25%
- Export percentage of agriculture: 30%
- Labour force participation rate: 48%
- Total share of export earnings: 80%
Côte d’Ivoire holds membership to multiple bilateral and regional agreements
- African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI)
- Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Organization for the Harmonization of Business Law in Africa (OHADA)
- West African Economic and Monetary Union (WAEMU)
- Interim Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA)
- African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA)
Côte d’Ivoire is an advocate of both social inclusion and environmental sustainability
2015: Participated in signing of the Paris Climate Agreement.
2019: Participated in the 25th Conference of the Parties (COP 25) to the UNFCCC.