Agriculture forms a crucial percentage of the Ivorian GDP, while providing employment opportunity to a huge population. However, the low processing rate of bulk of these agricultural products has led to import dependence. This brings immense opportunities for investors seeking to setup their agriculture processing business in Côte d’Ivoire. Read on to learn more about the different industries in Côte d’Ivoire that holds huge potential:
- Limited infrastructure facilities.
- Local processors who often lack knowledge regarding certification procedures to thrive in a globally competitive market.
ZIC’s primary aim is to strengthen the existing cashew supply chain by removing these obstacles using strategic infrastructure solutions and incentives to upscale production.
- Obstacles to storage and secondary level processing because of lack of precision based industrial solutions.
- Absence of reliable markets.
ZIC has been driving towards strategic partnerships that provide stable pricing and access to market innovations to upscale the sector. We are augmenting the supply chain to reduce costs while giving our partners more time to strengthen their partnerships with their end customers.
- Lack of processing zones to transform karites or shea seed into high value shea butter.
- Lack of awareness about certification to promise competitiveness.
ZIC’s central processing zones are built with the mission to ease the processing of shea butter while ensuring quality standards that match criteria set up developing markets.
Côte d’Ivoire grows a huge quantity of fruits like Mango, banana, coconut, and pineapple. Despite being the leading fruit producer of West Africa, there is a significant requirement for local processing units to attain self-sufficiency and value addition.
Current problems faced by the sector include:
- Lack of critical storage units to ensure the longevity of fruits and vegetables is hurting the ability of manufacturers to take over larger production volumes
- Unsustainable farming methods leading to low yield per hectare.
ZIC is committed to improving yield and contributing efficiently to stakeholders’ growth. Our dedicated clusters are poles of agro-growth with integrated farm facilities to increase output and efficiency.
The potential for other industries, such as construction, chemicals, logistics, manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals, in Côte d’Ivoire is vast and largely untapped. The rich abundance of natural resources can provide a solid foundation for the development of these industries.
Shortened delivery times, improved accessibility and reduced costs can add to the attractiveness of local pharma production. Demand for Pharmaceutical products has seen a major uptick with the expansion of Ivorian population, so much so that pharmaceutical imports are increasing at a CAGR of approx. 3% over the last five years. There also exists a lot of space for local production to succeed and meet domestic demand without facing intense competition from imported products as there is massive need for generic and non-generic medicines in Côte d’Ivoire.
With ZIC, you get access to:
- Streamlined transportation network.
- Readymade customer base of business units operating within ZIC
- Designated dry ports and terminals